The City Government of Davao has issued a 30-point guideline for the conduct of citizens during the period of Martial Law.
The guideline was posted Wednesday afternoon on the official Facebook of the city government.
It is divided into five major coverages, which are: general, travel, crowded places, churches and concerted activities, checkpoints, minors and evenings, personal belongings, business establishments and schools, and tourists and tourism activities.
Mayor Sara Duterte enjoined everybody to follow the guideline.
The guideline is as follows:
Guidelines for Dabawenyos covering the period of Martial Law. Please be guided accordingly.
1. We will implement a “Hold and Secure” method in ensuring the security of our people.
2. Call 911 immediately to report suspicious-looking persons, materials and actions by group of persons.
3. Exercise prudence in planning your activities.
4. Travel to and from Davao City is discouraged, as well as in other places in Mindanao, unless there is an urgent matter that needs to be attended to.
5. Do not leave your residence if you do not have business or matters to attend outside.
6. Travelling via motorcycle convoys is discouraged.
CROWDED PLACES, CHURCHES AND CONCERTED ACTIVITIES
7. Avoid crowded places.
8. Religious activities are encouraged to be conducted during daytime. Muslims observing Ramadan are encouraged to hold their activities inside mosques and residences.
9. All rallies and large-group activities should have permits from the local government.
10. Ensure that you have updated vehicle registration papers, and driver’s licenses.
11. Ensure that you have valid and existing licenses for your guns [License to Own and Posses Firearm (“LTOPF”) and Permit to Carry (“PTC”)].
12. Cooperate with the AFP and PNP personnel conducting checkpoints.
13. Familiarize yourself with the contents of your own baggage. Do not accept baggage from strangers.
14. In the conduct of checkpoints, turn off your headlights and turn on your overhead lights during inspection.
15. Allow the inspectors to smoothly make the inspections.
16. Always bring a valid personal identification document.
MINORS and EVENINGS
17. Minors are extremely discouraged to go out of their residences except when accompanied by adults.
18. Avoid going out late at night and consuming excessive alcohol.
19. Buddy system is encouraged to those who work at night especially during travel to and from work.
20. We encourage that you conduct your personal activities in the daytime.
21. Loitering in all areas is discouraged.
22. Do not leave bags and other personal belongings unattended.
23. Do not leave your cars unattended for a long time.
24. Do not retain large sums of money in your residences.
BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENTS AND SCHOOLS
25. Business establishments and schools are required to create emergency plans for their respective premises.
26. Business establishments and schools are encouraged to invest in private security, modern security equipment and fire extinguishing equipment.
27. Do not retain large sums of money in your premises.
28. Schools are encouraged to implement tighter security measures by properly screening guests.
TOURISTS and TOURISM ACTIVITIES
29. Tourists are discouraged from going to areas that are not included among the main tourism areas of the city.
30. Always bring with you your passports and other proofs of identification.